20.10.2023 вышел новый альбом Stones "Hackney Diamonds"!

Модераторы: AlexGB, shattered

20.10.2023 вышел новый альбом Stones "Hackney Diamonds"!

Сообщение AlexGB » 22-10, 22:04

20 октября 2023 года вышел новый альбом Rolling Stones "Hackney Diamonds"!!!
Изображение
https://iorr.org/news.htm
AlexGB

Ph.D
Ph.D

Re: 20.10.2023 вышел новый альбом Stones "Hackney Diamonds"!

Сообщение AlexGB » 22-10, 22:14

The Rolling Stones
Hackney Diamonds

Hackney Diamonds track list:

Angry
Get Close
Depending On You
Bite My Head Off (with Paul McCartney)
Whole Wide World
Dreamy Skies
Mess It Up (From 2019 sessions, with Charlie Watts)
Live By The Sword (From 2019 sessions, with Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman)
Driving Me Too Hard
Tell Me Straight (Keith)
Sweet Sounds Of Heaven (with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder)
Rolling Stone Blues (Muddy Waters classic)

12 songs, 48 minutes
A Polydor Records Release
October 20, 2023

Альбом "Hackney Diamonds" и связанные с ним синглы будут доступны в большом количестве форматов и пакетов. Подробную информацию и информацию для заказа можно найти на официальном веб-сайте https://rollingstones.com/.

https://iorr.org/hackney-diamonds/
AlexGB

Ph.D
Ph.D

Re: 20.10.2023 вышел новый альбом Stones "Hackney Diamonds"!

Сообщение AlexGB » 22-10, 22:19

Потрековые данные:

The band
Mick Jagger : Vocals, Guitar, Percussion, Harmonica
Keith Richards : Guitar, Vocals, Bass, Piano
Ronnie Wood : Guitar, Bass, Backing Vocals

Angry
Steve Jordan : Drums
Matt Clifford : Piano
Andrew Watt : Backing Vocals, Percussion
The first single, "Angry", is driven by a riff similar to the one in "Start Me Up", and accompanied by a video of the White Lotus actress Sydney Sweeney driving down LA’s Sunset Strip in a convertible as various versions of Jagger, Richards, Wood and Wyman pop up on billboards and Jagger asks why everyone is so angry with him. It is classic Stones: simple, exciting, a little ridiculous, imbued with that magical, almost innocent quality that makes the world seem like a better place. (The Times)
Angry is a certifiable swaggerer of a song. It has a riff that sounds like a disreputable cousin of Start Me Up and a filthy guitar solo that makes you wonder how Keith Richards’s fingers are still able to move so quickly. (The Irish Times)

Get Close
Elton John : Piano
Matt Clifford : Wurlitzer Piano
Andrew Watt : Bass, Backing Vocals
James King : Saxophone
Ron Blake : Trumpet
Karlos Edwards : Percussion
Close to You sticks closely to the winning blueprint the band virtually patented from the mid-1960s onwards. (The Irish Times)

Depending On You
Matt Cliffiord : Piano
Andrew Watt : Bass, Guitar, Backing Vocals, Percussion, String Arrangement
Benmont Tench : Hammond Organ
+ Violin, Viola, Cello
The superior blues-rock vibe of Depending on You sounds like something Hozier would cut his hair off for. (The Irish Times)
Depending on You is another winner, drawing out that Gram Parsons style country melancholy the Stones have feasted on over the years, bulked up with Hammond organ (from the Heartbreakers’ Benmont Tench) and lush strings. “I’m too young for dying and too old to lose,” croons the octogenarian front man, making 80 sound like the new 40. (The Telegraph)

Bite My Head Off (with Paul McCartney)
Paul McCartney : Bass
Matt Clifford : Piano
Bite My Head Off (featuring crunchy fuzzbox bass by Paul McCartney plus another rippling guitar solo by Richards) is an urgent, sweary track that might have you absent-mindedly reaching for a bottle of beer before your morning coffee. (The Irish Times)
Paul McCartney pops up on Bite My Head Off, with a fuzzed-up bass solo driving through the thrilling middle of the Stones’s punkiest offering since they took on New Wave with 1978’s Some Girls. “Come on Paul, let’s hear something!” Jagger yells, just to make sure everybody notices that their old rival is in the ranks. (The Telegraph)

Whole Wide World
Matt Clifford : Piano, Rhodes, Keyboards
Andrew Watt : Bass, Backing Vocals, Percussion
"You think the party’s over but it’s only just begun," Jagger sings on Whole Wide World. We’re not saying the party will continue for much longer, but it looks as if the Rolling Stones won’t leave until they’re kicked out. (The Irish Times)

Dreamy Skies
Matt Cliffiord : Piano, Rhodes
Benmont Tench : Hammond Organ
Jagger has written a song called "Dreamy Skies" about getting away from it all (The Times)
Dreamy Skies is straight out of their folder of broken-down-pick-up country songs (“an old AM radio is all that I’ve got, it just plays Hank Williamsand some bad honky-tonk …”). (The Irish Times)
Dreamy Skies drifts deeper into those country plains, with the jet set Jagger improbably fantasising about being left alone with “an old AM radio” that “just plays Hank Williams and some bad honky tonk.” (The Telegraph)

Mess It Up (From 2019 sessions, with Charlie Watts)
Charlie Watts : Drums
Matt Clifford : Piano, Keys, Wurlitzer Piano
Andrew Watt : Bass, Guitar, Keys
Karlos Edwards : Percussion
Charlie Watts appears on Mess it Up, driven by a fantastic stop-start Richards chordal riff before slipping into the sleekest Stones’ disco beat since Miss You. (The Telegraph)
Live By The Sword (From 2019 sessions, with Charlie Watts and with Bill Wyman)
Elton John : Piano
Charlie Watts : Drums
Bill Wyman : Bass
Original Stones bassist Bill Wyman returns to reunite with the ghost of Charlie Watts on Live By the Sword, a throwaway number redeemed by that down and dirty rhythm section. (The Telegraph)

Driving Me Too Hard
Matt Clifford : Piano, Organ, Rhodes
Andrew Watt : Backing Vocals, Percussion
Driving Me Too Hard is embedded in that eminently melodic configuration of effortless guitar solos and she-done-me-wrong lyrics (“every time I give a little bit, you muscle in and take it all”) that are the band’s lingua franca. (The Irish Times)

Tell Me Straight (Keith)
Matt Clifford : Rhodes
Richards himself takes up the torch on Tell Me Straight, one of his lush, wise, deeply romantic ballads in which he wonders “is my future all in the past?” Not on this evidence, it isn’t. (The Telegraph)

Sweet Sounds Of Heaven (with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder)
Lady Gaga : Vocals
Stevie Wonder : Piano, Rhodes, Moog
Matt Clifford : B3 Organ
Andrew Watt : Bass, Backing Vocals
James King: Saxophone
Ron Blake : Trumpet
"Sweet Sounds" is a highlight of an album that is unquestionably the Stones’ best since 1978’s Some Girls (The Times)
Sweet Sound of Heaven is very much Jagger’s triumph – even with Wonder and Gaga on stellar form and a fantastic band pulling out all the stops, it is the ageless singer who leads the storm on heaven’s gates. It’s a track that belongs in the pantheon of the Stone’s very greatest hits. (The Telegraph)

Rolling Stone Blues (Muddy Waters classic)
The Muddy Waters classic that gave the band their name but which, funnily enough, they have never covered before (The Times)
It all ends in the sweetest possible fashion, with Jagger and Richards eyeball to eyeball, playing Muddy Waters Rolling Stone Blues on acoustic guitar and harmonica. This is the very song that gave the band their name, from an album the teenage Jagger was carrying under his arm when he bumped into old school friend Richards at Dartford Station on October 17, 1962, an encounter that set this particular stone a-rolling. (The Telegraph)
The last track is the perfect example - just Mick and Keith standing around a microphone, riffing on the Muddy Waters song that gave the band its name, Rolling Stone Blues. It could be the closing of a book, an epilogue to a 60-year career, but Richards is having none of it. "It's a fitting statement, but it's not a coda," he protests. "It's more a tip of the hat to Muddy Waters, Chicago and all the blues men we learned our stuff from." (BBC).

https://iorr.org/hackney-diamonds/
AlexGB

Ph.D
Ph.D

Вернуться в ОБ ЭТОМ ФОРУМЕ